This dramatic corrective color service was performed by Stylist Lindsey Reed from Fantastic Sams in Flower Mound, TX. Without the use of bleach but with the help of Malibu C's NEW CPR Color Pigment Reducer, Reed helped her client reverse five years of box color but also reduced the chance of damage during the service. CPR is a newly launched product from Malibu C that features a crystallized vitamin complex that reduces and removes up to three levels of unwanted permanent oxidative color pigment and helps preserve the integrity of the hair.
1. Shampoo with Malibu C Un-Do-Goo Shampoo, which features a sulfate-free multifunctional surfactant technology to make it more gentle to hair.
2. Mix Malibu C CPR Color Pigment Reducer in an applicator bottle with 4 oz of water (room temperature), shaking to dissolve vitamin crystals and forming a gel.
3. Apply gloves and work gel into hair using maximum pressure of palms and fingertips to ensure saturation.
4. Apply professional processing cap and expose to heat for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, then shampoo and rinse thoroughly 5 times with Malibu C Un-Do-Goo Shampoo.
6. Apply TiGi Toner 10/2.
7. Rinse, then blowdry and style hair.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.