See the Top 5 Balayage & Boho Entries!
1. On damp hair, mist Matrix Biolage Raw Frizz Control spray. Powerdry to 90%. Smooth ends with round brush.
2. Use Sexy Hair Powder Play Lite at roots and GKhair Dry Oil Shine Spray midshaft to ends.
3. Add HUW Pro extensions.
4. Use Bio Ionic Gold Pro 1-inch Curling Iron and Gold Pro 1-inch Smoothing & Styling Iron on 2- and 1-in sections.
5. French Dutch braid Mohawk section to mid-back. Pull apart. Repeat on each side, braiding to first braid. Combine braids with elastic band. Fishtail end of 3 braids. Pull apart. Tease ends.
6. Add 4-strand braid. End with fishtail. Tease ends.
7. Mist GK Strong Hold Hairspray. Add Pink Pewter accessories.
MODERN launched our Balayage & Boho competition in June to promote industry artistry and name one of YOU as the newest member of our exclusive 2017 Artist Collective (which includes @lalasupdos, @omgartistry, @shelleygregoryhair, @mermicornhair, and @hairbysaretta among others).
After narrowing thousands of Balayage & Boho submissions to our 10 semifinalists, the 10 talented stylists were tasked with creating a festival-inspired look. Our Artist Collective judges picked their five favorites, and those five were sent a Challenge Box with goodies from GKhair, HairUWear Professional, Joico, Pulp Riot, Sexy Hair, Matrix and Bio Ionic to create a final style using at least one product or tool from the Challenge Box.
Here's where you come in: The grand-prize winner will be chosen by YOU, MODERN SALON readers! Public voting is open until August 13, so make sure you vote for your favorite submission every day.
Take a look above to view all the finalists' submissions, and vote for you favorite here! The winner will be announced August 14.