NYFW: Natural Defined Curls with Movement at Escada’s SS '19 Show
FrontPhoto 1 of 3
SidePhoto 2 of 3
BackPhoto 3 of 3
Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on a light take on the '80s at Escada’s SS '19 Show.
“At the Escada show I created an '80s boyish quiff. There was a mention of Julia Roberts for the overall inspiration, so you’re seeing some curls as well. I’ve used Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to get some volume in the hair before I do the soft boyish movement or curling it with a small-barreled iron and leaving the curls defined. The hair is light: it has movement and ease. It’s the gesture of the '80s, using as least brushwork as possible to keep it from going to retro. It’s a nod to that period versus a replication," he says.
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Side-part your hair using your fingers about ¾ of the way over your head.
- Starting around the hairline, apply small amounts of Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to the roots and mid-lengths of your hair.
- Blow-dry your with your fingers, lifting the sides up and back off the face.
- Scrunch around the front hairline to give lift over to one side.
- Using a large barrel iron, accentuate the natural moment throughout your lengths.
- Finish with a little Redken Wind Blown 05 around the hairline and crown for lift and added texture.