Become Marie Antoinette’s toxic best friend, Larry, by following these steps by Celebrity stylist Clayton Hawkins:
- I started by grabbing a $20 synthetic curly grey wig and wrapping a ton of elastics around it. This became the “wig cage”.
- Next, I sprayed giant French hair pins with Big Sexy Hair Fun Raiser Volumizing Dry Texture Spray (this hack helps the pins become slip-proof) and pinned the curly wig cage to the crown of a gray human hair lace front wig. A generous coating of Big Sexy Hair Spray & Stay Intense Hold Hairspray to lock it in and our base was set.
- I then went in and meticulously curled the entire lace front wig (excluding the hairline) with a .5 inch curling iron, spraying it with Big Sexy Hair Fun Raiser Volumizing Dry Texture Spray as I went along.
- Once I was finished curling, I pinned and sculpted the curls up and onto the wig cage. I used tons of texture spray on the pins and onto the updo.
- Once that was complete, I coated the hairline in Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray to the point of damp saturation and curled the hair under into ringlets using a 1" iron and pinned them into place.
- I then curled the nape of the neck with the 1" iron and to complete the look I pinned vintage pearl buttons throughout the whole wig. The result is ROCOCO realness.
Check out the Instagram video tutorial by Clayton Hawkins.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.