Celebrity hairstylist Irinel De León (@hairinel) worked with Chrissy Teigen on a playful, French girl-inspired bob for her Grammy look. De León used OLAPLEX haircare products to keep Teigen's style looking shiny and healthy on the red carpet.
“Chrissy’s hairstyle is an ode to the modern and classic French girl hair," says Irinel. "We wanted it to look very feminine by incorporating natural textures. Since the dress is a little playful, we wanted the hair to feel similar. Chrissy’s hair is currently in a bob which is a trend we’re seeing a lot of lately. It also encompasses some of her natural texture which is super popular.”
See the steps for how De León achieved this fun look below:
How to Get Chrissy Teigen's Playful Bob
- I prepped Chrissy’s damp hair with the OLAPLEX Nº. 6 Bond Smoother to reduce frizz and flyaways on the carpet. I focused mainly on mids to ends and comb through for even distribution.
- Next, I used the OLAPLEX Volumizing Blow Dry Mist on the roots and ends for added lift, volume, and heat protection.
- Then, I blow-dried the hair with a 1.5” boar bristle round brush and the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer and concentrator attachment. I made sure to lift the air up from the route for extra body and volume.
- After blow-drying each section, I set the hair in 1.5" velcro rollers and secured it with a duck-bill clip. I left the hair set and rollers for 10 to 15 minutes and released.
- Next, I sprayed the hair with Balmain Texturizing Hairspray throughout for extra body and volume.
- I then finished the style with OLAPLEX Nº.7 Bonding Oil and scrunched oil into the end of the hair to mold the ends into the shape I wanted them to sit in.
Visit olaplex.com to learn more about OLAPLEX products.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.