Sleeker and more chic – this updo features the traditional Beehive concept but has been transformed and re-invented for the more modern-day client. This “Backstage Beehive” by Jennifer MacDougall and Pepper Pastor for L'Oreal Professionnel proves that big-hair can be elegant, fashionable and wearable! Learn more and follow the steps below to re-create the look.
1. Separate fringe from the front hairline and brush into place. Flatiron fringe to contour the face.
2. Create a radial parting and clip away.
3. On the left side of the head smooth hair towards the center back and hold in place with a large duck-bill clip.
4. Form a rolled shape toward the center back, smooth surface of the hair. Secure with large hairpins. Spray with Tecni.Art Infinium 4.
5. Backcomb hair in front of the ears. Pack tightly at the base for volume. Direct the surface of the hair toward the top of the twist.
6. Finish with Tecni.Art Extreme Lacquer.
For more information, visit http://www.pro.us.lorealprofessionnel.com/.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.