Presenter Hailee Steinfeld stunned on the Oscars' red carpet. Celebrity stylist Chris Appleton was inspired by the intricate detailing of her dress to create a sleek and sculpted modern updo style. “We went for a bold look to complement the mixture of classic and modern vibe given from her gown.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep wet hair with TONI&GUY Prep Heat Protectant Spray and blow dry hair backwards away from the face using a paddle brush.
- Once dry, section off the top half of the hair and gather the lower half into a ponytail at the back of the head.
- Apply spray wax throughout the top section for a high-shine effect and begin curling hair using a 1-inch curling iron.
- Once cooled, gently brush the curls out and join to the existing ponytail.
- Wrap sections of hair from the ponytail in a clockwise motion above and below, twisting into a flower shape. Secure with pins.
- Set the look with medium hold hairspray.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.