TIGI Advanced Academy Classes Target Specific Techniques in Color
TIGI world-class education is “by hairdressers for hairdressers.” Courses combine precise technical knowledge with the creative freedom to balance expression and invention. We believe continual education builds salon teams, heightens motivation, increases loyalty and builds profitability. It’s about change—keeping the art of hairdressing fresh, dynamic and ground breaking through revitalized education programs, inspiring shows and innovative new products—always celebrating the craft and artistry of hairdressing.
What is your most popular color education class or experience?
Renee Valerie, technical education director, says, TIGI Classics is our most popular class at the TIGI Academy in NYC. Our students comprehend the importance of understanding the fundamentals inside and out. This sets them up to work any creative technique with ease.
Where can professionals fi nd formulas and how-tos featuring TIGI color?
Access TIGI on the go with the TIGI 24/7 mobile app. TIGI 24/7 provides professional hairdressers\ with the tools and education they need to continue improving their techniques and client service skills.
Interactive features include access to a complete library of color and cutting techniques with videos and step-by-steps, an advanced interactive drawing board, inspirational color mood boards with color swatches and formulas, and the ability to learn about our academy courses.
What products or range of color is generating the most buzz heading into fall?
Bed Head Colour Trip is a range of 12 long-lasting intermixable semi-permanent hair color shades! Cocktail and create anything from intense, electric tones to punked-out pastels.
Key benefits include:
- Rebellious colors lasting through 20 shampoos
- Durable results that fade on tone
- Fully intermixable (within the Colour Trip range)
- Gentle formula with an acidic pH to help close the cuticle
What color classes does TIGI offer at its advanced academy?
The TIGI Academy NYC offers advanced courses for licensed stylists who are looking to enhance their techniques, explore the creative outlet or revisit the foundations of cut and color. Key hair color classes include the following:
- Classic Color: The first stop for TIGI Education is the foundation and backbone of our education. This course focuses on the technical side of hairdressing and is perfect for the hairdresser seeking hair and color theory, discipline and technique in classic coloring (i.e. block coloring, classic highlights). This methodology will challenge the advanced hairdresser and will provide a foundation of technique for the true beginner.
- Transition Color: Inspiring timeless color education techniques to develop salon colorists. This course focuses on strong, salon-viable, creative coloring, creative techniques and color mixtures. The overall aim is to progress skills, building confidence and competence, enhancing the creative color approach and consultation process.
- Creative Color: Inspiration is key to being a successful colorist. The Creative Color course runs alongside TIGI creative cutting and is closely linked to the latest TIGI collection. The course content explores the world of color taking inspiration from art, fashion and new-media. Students will be pushed to create new and exciting color techniques through the application of fundamental hair color principles. Utilizing an advanced technical approach based on classic coloring, you will develop skills that give exciting creative results.
- Creative Consultation 2.0: Following the success of Creative Consultation, this higher-level experience allows hairdressers to look at color through fashion tribes, skin and complexion analysis, beauty, makeup, personality and style. The knowledge and skills taught from Creative Consultation 2.0 permits the colorist to demonstrate superior expertise and assurance. With this newly acquired knowledge, the colorist will confidently provide clients with a unique and highly personal consultation.
ADVANCED ACADEMY: TIGI Academy NYC
EDUCATORS: Richy Kandasamy, U.S. technical creative director; Renee Valerie, technical education director