HOW-TO: Chocolate Babylights
Warm/neutral babylights add intriguing dimension to a chocolate brown base.
NATURAL LEVEL 4
1 oz. Color Gels Lacquers 4N
+ 1 oz. 10 vol. Pro-oxide Cream Developer
1 oz. Shades EQ Gloss 03NA
+ 1 oz. Shades EQ Processing Solution
for Precision Application
2 oz. Flash Lift
+ 2 oz. 40 vol. Pro-oxide Cream Developer
FORMULA 4: GLOSS
1 ¾ oz. Shades EQ Gloss 07WN
+ ¼ oz. 07CB
To divide the left side of the head from the right, part from the highest point of the head
to the center nape as well as the center front. With a vertical line, divide the back from
the front with a line from the highest point of the head to the back of the ear. The back of the ear means just to the back of the highest point of the skin that joins the ear to the head. Do the same thing on the opposite side of the head.
- Apply Formula 1 to Zone 1 in ¼-inch sections.
- Isolate a diagonal forward section from the high point of the head towards the parietal ridge.
- Apply Formula 2 to Zone 2 and Zone 3 below crown section.
- Drop crown section and place diagonal back foils, diffusing at Zone 1 with Formula 3. Make sure not to overlap onto Zone 1 color.
- Overdirect each foil to the previous to create a natural diagonal progression.
- Apply Formula 2 to Zones 2 + 3 between applied foils.
- Apply Formula 4–Gloss globally and process for 20 minutes. Shampoo and Condition hair with Color Extend Magnetics.