Korean beauty trends, especially around skincare, continue to influence the American consumer's everyday beauty routine.
The latest trend is a technique being called “Moisture Sandwiching." The name goes a long way to describing what this looks like; the user is to apply treatments and moisturizers to damp skin immediately after cleansing without patting the skin dry, which follows the K-Beauty rule of moving on to the next product three seconds after washing the face. The flow of applying each product supports an enhanced result that claims to lock in moisture and “sandwiches” the cumulative benefits of the formulations.
A NEW SKIN TREND
According to Morgan Hare, a co-founder of eraclea skincare, “The technique of 'Moisture Sandwiching' has shown that damp skin is more receptive to moisture, which is actually the thought process behind eraclea’s line of hydration products. HylaFusion®, a proprietary hyaluronic acid complex that provides long-lasting hydration and delivers other ingredients to the skin’s deeper layers, increasing overall effectiveness and benefits of other ingredients, is our key ingredient. When combined with select antioxidants, vitamins, peptides and botanicals, it delivers unmatched results.”
Moisture Sandwiching is a safe technique provided it is not used in combination with retinol or other skin care irritants. Because it is designed to increase the features and effects of the products you are “sandwiching,” skin can become red, puffy and irritated when such irritants are “sandwiched.”
Backed by decades of hyaluronic acid research, eraclea’s HylaFusion guarantees hydration from its long-lasting and highly hydrated water delivery system which acts as an equilibrium barrier or elastic “second skin.” It helps reduce the appearance of grooves, fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing the skin and providing the effective delivery of biologically active molecules, such as vitamin C, to the skin.
Not sure which eraclea products to choose or where to start? Here’s a simple guide that can easily be adapted to your Moisture Sandwiching routine.
- Start by cleansing with eraclea purifying gel cleanser to remove impurities, oil, makeup and dead skin cells. Rinse thoroughly to leave skin refreshed and ready to receive the other benefits of other eraclea products. REMEMBER….DO NOT DRY SKIN!!
- Apply eraclea’s vitamin C/15 advanced booster to damp skin. This will help protect skin from environmental damage while helping to brighten skin tone, improve firmness and minimize skin discoloration. In addition to improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, this unique serum promotes accelerated cell renewal and provides advanced protection against free radicals.
- Next, gently apply eraclea eye surround cream + CBD under and around the eyes. This light hydrating and firming cream helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while special proteins work to diminish under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Delicate skin firms up with continued use in the morning and evening.
- Here’s where the protective equilibrium barrier is actually formed. Apply eraclea hydrating day lotion + PB to the face, neck and chest. The innovative lightweight formulation continues to retain and deliver water even when the skin’s surface feels dry. The ultra-hydrating blend of peptides, extracts and vitamins nourish and protect skin all day long.
- Lastly, don’t forget your lips are skin too! Reach for the eraclea ever-moist lip balm to help repair dry distressed lips while replenishing lost moisture.
eraclea offers products in five different categories and is the only skin care line to infuse each and every product with their proprietary HylaFusion®, a patented form of hyaluronic acid. Each product effectively delivers biologically active molecules to the skin in order to prevent premature aging, improve skin elasticity and suppleness, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve the overall vitality of the skin. The categories address essential activities from cleansing and exfoliation to acne care. The eraclea philosophy is not only to meet clients’ high expectations, but to also raise the bar in the skin care industry by offering a luxurious line of nourishing, rejuvenating products that demonstrate proven effectiveness.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.