Grammy winner and Best New Artist nominee Victoria Monet had her hair colored and styled by celebrity stylist Davontae Washington (@iamdavontae), using Wella Professionals to create a liquid bronze color. Washington has shared a breakdown on how he achieved Monet's glamorous shade and sleek updo so that you can replicate the style for your clients' special occasions. See below for the how-to:
How to Get Victoria Monet's Grammys Color & Style
- To attain the ideal “Bronze Melt” color for Victoria Monet, I initiated the process with a root touch-up using Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect 4/0.
- Subsequently, I applied small, weaved sections with Wella Professionals Welloxon 30vol for highlights and utilized Koleston Perfect 5/71 with Welloxon 20vol for lowlights.
- After carefully monitoring the foils for 30 minutes, I shampooed her hair with Wella Professionals ULTIMATE REPAIR Shampoo at the bowl to remove the lightener and toned it with Koleston Perfect 8/3 and Welloxon 10vol.
- After her color was complete and post shampoo and conditioner, it was time to style. The first product I used was Wella Professionals ULTIMATE REPAIR Miracle Hair Rescue by applying it on her damp, then drying straight. This ensured shine, strength, and smoothness for Victoria’s hair in just 90 seconds.
- After spreading the product with a brush for detangling, I blow-dried the hair and curled it with a 2-inch barrel for texture. Applying texture spray, I brushed the hair back, creating an effortless French roll, and secured it with pins.
- To complete the style, I used gloss spray and hairspray for a polished finish and control over flyaways.
Visit wella.com/professional to learn more about Wella's collection of products.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.