Did you know that 96 percent of unhappy clients don’t complain when they are dissatisfied with a haircut, and that 91 percent of these guests will leave and never come back (according to 1Financial Training Services)?
Let’s face it, at some point in your career you will experience a situation with one of these unhappy clients that we mentioned above. How can you avoid this misfortune? According to MiladyPro, it’s simple.
“Be aware of your client’s body language. When your clients are dissatisfied, you can see it on their face. Often there are warning signs and we do nothing about it.” Milady says that whether your client shares their dissatisfaction or you can see it, how you handle the situation afterwards can have an impact on your future business.
MiladyPro also says you can handle a situation where a client is unsatisfied one of two ways: you can take it personally and get defensive or you can look at it as an opportunity to win a client for life.
Here are six tips from MiladyPro on how to handle client redos:
- Know your salon/spas redo policy, make certain you know what it is and have a clear understanding of it. If your salon/spa currently does not have a redo policy….
- Don’t argue or disagree with your client. Don’t take it personal.
- Thank your client for the opportunity to make it right! Your client just gave you a gift, the gift is to make them happy and hopefully win them for life. All you have to do is correct it and make them happy!
- Listen to your client, apologize sincerely, and offer to make it right as soon as possible. Once again following your salon/spas redo policy.
- If you personally can’t correct the challenge, get a second opinion from a team member. Sometimes a neutral party can help remedy the challenge.
- Document all redos for a reference tool. Write down the initial complaint from the client, what you have agreed to and then the end result.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.