Goldwell's new @Pure Pigments direct dye additives are blowing up social media feeds thanks to its holographic effects, and dimensional cool and pastel tones.
We sent MODERN SALON Artist Connective member Sydney Ann Lopez @Pure Pigments to see the magic she would create and the results are beyond beautiful.
With a goal of melting shades of rosé, blush, peach and coral, Lopez, owner of Headlines Hair Design in Denton, Texas, used the Pigments to create an ultra-shiny, wearable-yet-alternative formulation that pushes the limits of creative coloring.
"You mix the Pure Pigments into your Goldwell formula to create tone-on-tone boosting, holographic effects, more vibrancy and greater longevity," Lopez says in her Instagram post showcasing the results.
PRESS PLAY TO SEE @PURE PIGMENTS IN ACTION
Goldwell explains that the Pure Pigments don’t mix together — they sit next to each other on the hair so that each dye reflects its own color.
Pure Yellow, Pure Orange, Pure Red, and Pure Violet create a vibrant effect while Pearl Blue and Matte Green soften and counteract unwanted tones.
When combined with Goldwell’s color brands, in this case Lopez used Colorance, @Pure Pigments is designed to create results with 63% more shine, shades are boosted by up to three-times the color intensity, and color will have two-times more resistance to color fading.
Starting level 6
1. Heavily balayage & foilayage entire head of hair lifting to varying levels of 8-10
2. Shampoo with Goldwell Brillance Shampoo and conditioner
3. Power dry to 80% dry
4. Alternate panels of the following 6 Goldwell formulas:
- 56g Colorance lotion + 28g Pastel Pink + 3 drops Pure pigments Red + 2 drops Pure pigments Orange
- 56g Colorance lotion + 28g Pastel Pink + 6 drops Pure pigments Red
- 56g Colorance lotion + 28g Pastel Pink + 10 drops Pure pigments Red
- 56g Colorance lotion + 28g Pastel Pink +4 drops Pure Red + 2 Drops Pure Yellow
- 56g Colorance lotion + 28g Pastel Lavender + 2 drops Pure Red
- 56g Colorance lotion + 28g Pastel Lavender + 4 drops Pure Red
5. Processed 30 mins
6. Rinse in ice water.
"If ya'll haven't played with @Pure Pigments yet," Lopez writes, "you HAVE to check them out!"