Nikki Lee & Riawna Capri
Co-owners and celebrity stylists
Nine Zero One Salon, Hollywood, CA
First jobs in beauty: Nikki--Estee Lauder make-up counter, Reno, NV, 2000
Riawna—receptionist, Janna K Salon, 1997
Licensed: Nikki—International Academy of Style, Reno, NV, 2001 and CA license in 2002
Riawna—Marinello School of Beauty, Las Vegas, 2003
Three highlights of your careers:
- Teaming up with my business partner Riawna and getting a call to do Britney Spears extensions in 2006. Being only 24 at the time this was a huge deal for us and a night we will never forget!
- Getting chosen by my boss at the time Ken Paves to travel with him and do make overs on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Being able to have the inspiration, confidence and drive to open up Nine Zero One Salon, and seeing it succeed.
- One of the most memorable high lights of my career is when I was the hair stylist on the set of a movie which was filmed in Hong Kong, India, Africa, Paris and Istanbul all in 14 days! Not only was I being paid but I also was getting to see the world! I would have paid to be there!
- When I was just starting off in LA, I really looked up to the woman I assisted. She had a high end clientele, (one being Colin Farrel) worked on photo shoots to the red carpet and LOVED her job! I knew that once I was doing what she was doing, I would be hitting my career goal. About 3 years later, I got called to Colin Farrel for all of his press for Miami Vice, It was then when "I did it!". I hit a true moment of real achievement.
- The latest huge highlight of my career was the first time I walked into Nine Zero One and all four shampoo bowls were being used! Anyone can open a salon, it's another to be busy and successful. Now when all shampoo bowls are being used, Nikki and I give each other a high five. ;)
Beauty legend you both respect: Any woman who knows she is capable of anything she puts her mind to.
Choose beauty because: “Coming to the salon is the exact opposite of going to the dentist!”--Riawna
Quote or mantra: “There is an inner beauty about a women who believes in herself, who knows she is capable of anything she puts her mind to. There is a beauty in the strength and determination of a woman who follows her own path, who isn't thrown off by obstacles along the way." -Unknown