In this appointment, Laura Christopher @laurachristopherhairartist gives her client a quick brightening service that she calls a Mini KISS. "I love offering a Mini KISS service to my guests who aren’t quite ready for a full balay retouch yet still need a little refresh and brightness around their hairline and part," she says. "Like a mini kiss from the sun!"
Christopher, along with Amy Lynn @amylynn_hairartist, is a lead educator with a new education group called Blonding and Beyond. Their teaching tour will take them to Reno on Monday, August 19. Check out their Instagram page for more information: @blonding_and_beyond.
MINI KISS moves:
- Here, I used Pravana Purelight Creme Lightener with 20vol mixed at a 1:2 ratio. I always add Olaplex into all formulas for the health and strength of my guest’s hair.
- Starting in the front hairline, babylights are placed strategically to add brightness around the guest’s face. Be careful to leave some of her depth and dimension so these sections still blend with her lived in balay.
- Creating a super soft money piece will help frame her face and freshen up her lived in look.
- Placing a few medium weave foils and teasylights around her part will help bring up some brightness like little mini kisses from the sun.
- After processing and rinsing, I like tapping the root around her hairline to polish off this technique and ensure it blends with the rest of her balayage. Also, smudging the root to create soft depth throughout the part helps her look stay lived in. Then finishing with a gloss to refresh the whole look and bring it all together.
- Here, I used Kenra Professional Demi 7NA at the root and Beige Rapid + 9VM for her overall gloss.
And for more in-person education and kisses, check out @blonding_and_beyond.
"We are so excited to spread our love of hair painting, inspiration, and empowerment in our industry!"
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.