A Little Change Goes a Long Way
Kelly Ehlers, social media expert and founder of Ideas that Evoke marketing firm
Facebook is at it again! They unveiled a new layout for pages that are not only newer, but also streamlined. The changes are small, but the new layout is clean and both easy on the eye and easy to use. It’s making managing your page simpler than ever.
Here’s the “What-to-Know” on the new layout:
As a Viewer:
- All Timeline posts are now on the right side of the page in a line. This allows one to see the specific order that posts were submitted, without having to switch back and forth on the page.
- Information sections, such as Upcoming Events, Apps, etc., are ALL now on the left hand side. No more searching to see which side your Instagram posts are on, everything is in one place.
- Information boxes such as Timeline, Photos, etc., that appear below the cover photo are no longer boxes, but separate tabs to click on. This cleans up the top of the page, making it let busy and easier to find what you’re looking for.
As a Page Manager:
- Information sections (now on the right hand side) can be easily reordered. Decide which of your activities are most important, and order them so that the viewer will see what you want them to first. The pencil that appears in each section to read “Manage Sections” will open to allow you to drag the sections to order them as you please.
- No more Page Manager to clutter your page when you view it. The messy Page Manager layout has been split up into easy to six separate key admin tools above your page. This allows you to see your page as your followers do, and then choose what manager information you would like to view, one at a time.
- Pages to Watch. This feature in the Page Insights tool allows you to create a list of similar businesses and compare your performance against theirs. Bench-marking at it’s social finest.
So that’s it! Play around to find all of your favorite features, and you’ll realize that this new layout is clean and simple – just the way we like it. It turns out that a little change goes a long way.
Connect with Ideas That Evoke:
At Ideas That Evoke we develop digital, social and mobile strategies for salon professional, beauty, hospitality and entertainment brands. As branding and public relations veterans, yet early adopters of all things digital, we understand the importance of creating measurable, buzz-worthy campaigns that generate bottom-line results. #IdeasThatEvoke