Scruples Formula: Saturday Night Fever by Chris Venesky
Creative director: Mia Liguori | Cut and style: Katie Nielsen | Color: Chris Venesky | Photographer: Jake Thompson | Makeup: Kumi
The iridescent glow of this Scruples’ strawberry shade, created by Scruples Creative Director Chris Venesky, finds its strength in softness. The vision comes from the easy natural looks of the ’70s re-imagined for today.
FORMULA & APPLICATION
Natural level 6
Formula 1: 2 oz Scruples High Definition Custom Mixing Gel Color System Level 7 Golden Red (1 oz 8G + 1 oz 6RG) with 2 oz Scruples Pure Oxi 10-volume Clear Developer
Formula 2: 2 oz Scruples High Definition Custom Mixing Gel Color System Level 6 Strawberry Blonde (1 oz 4G + ½ oz 8G + ½ oz 6RG) with 2 oz Scruples Pure Oxi 20-volume Clear Developer
Formula 3: 2 oz Scruples Shadow Lowlights Filler Infused Gel Color System Level 7 Paprika (2 oz 7GR) with 2 oz Scruples Pure Oxi 10-volume Clear Developer
Formula 4: 1 oz Scruples Blazing Highlights Toner Infused Gel Color System Warm Copper Blonde (1 Scoop X-tra Light Booster Concentrate + ¼ oz 6R + ¼ oz 8G + ½ oz Oil Lightener) with 1½ oz Scruples Pure Oxi 20-volume Clear Developer
1. Apply Formula 1 throughout the head as a base.
2. Make three circular, halo partings that are wider at the side and smaller at the crown.
3. Using Scruples Color Papers and a blurring technique, melt the following combinations of formulas together as you work through the lengths of the hair: Formula 1 into Formula 2, Formula 1 into Formula 3, and Formula 1 into Formula 4 into Formula 2
4. Alternate this combination using Color Papers, as you move around the halo parting.
5. Process 30 minutes. Rinse Formula 1 first, then remove Color Papers and rinse. Shampoo and re-rinse, then apply Scruples No H2O2 and process 3 minutes. Rinse and condition with Scruples Total Integrity Ultra Rich Conditioner.