Pravana Guest Artist Daniel Moon of the Andy LeCompte Salon in Beverly Hills took Kylie Jenner from dark chocolate to blue/green for the big Kim Kardashian/Kanye West “wedding weekend”. According to Moon, the inspiration was Pretty Punk. He created the shade with PRAVANA VIVIDS which added dimension and complimented her skin tone. Since the color is designed to last 4-6 weeks, Moon left the door open for him to transform her again for the next big event. The look uses 2 Parts VIVIDS Green + 1 Part VIVIDS Blue.
Here PRAVANA explains how you can create the same color for your own dark brunette client:
1. Create base by using ChromaSilk 3N with 10 volume developer.
2. Pre-lighten the mid-shaft to ends to a level 10. Shampoo, condition, rinse, and dry the hair completely.
3. Apply a mixture of 2 parts VIVIDS Green to 1 part VIVIDS Blue to the mid-shaft where the dark color and pre-lightened hair connect.
4. Pull the color through 2-3” through each strand through the top layers. Then pull the color through the ends on varying pieces through the perimeter.
5. Process for 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Rinse with cool water. The pre-lightened ends of the hair will pick up some of the teal color as it rinses through. Shampoo lightly and condition with VIVIDS Color Protect. Spray in VIVIDS Color Protect Sealing Spray, then style as desired.