Derek Lam is a fashion week favorite and it was no surprise that he tapped superstar Orlando Pita to create a multi-textured, sleek fringed "do" for his Fall/Winter 2012 Collection.
“She's from an all girl college," Orlando says when asked about his inspiration. "She’s little eccentric, a little twisted and a little intellectual. The look is '60s inspired but modern and undone.” Orlando and team used a variety of T3 products and tools to create the look. Here's the how-to:
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by blow drying hair with Phyto Professional Intense Volume Mousse and the new T3 LongLife Evolution dryer. Get the hair textured with the dryer leaving it piecy and undone.
2. Use T3 SinglePass Whirl Styling Wand to create random, natural waves.
3. Back comb the hair at the root and spray with Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray.
4. Create a side part.
5. Overdirect the fringe and sweep to the side.
6. Back is pinned down to look like a pony tail.
a. Criss-cross pins to hide.
7. Some styles will remain tucked while others are left down.