Antoinette Beenders was cool, calm and collected...as usual....as she created gentle waves for the Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2012 Collection shown yesterday. The finishes were soft and feminine and tasteful. “The look for this season is playful and looks effortless. We’ve updated the loose, beachy waves of the ’90s with a more groomed look that’s smart, young and approachable,” said Antoinette. “I was inspired by Christian’s muse for this collection: a charming, smart girl who radiates happiness. The hair is super wearable and reflects her flirty, yet clever nature. It’s fun, fresh and modern—just like the collection.”
HAIR STEP-BY-STEP BY ANTOINETTE BEENDERS FOR AVEDA
1. Dampen hair at the root with Aveda Volumizing Tonic and blow dry with a large round brush to create natural volume. For added lift, use Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray as a setting lotion while blow-drying by lightly misting the hair.
2. Use a one-and-a-half-inch barrel curling iron to curl one-inch sections of hair away from the face until all hair is curled. Rake with fingers to loosen.
3. Flip hair upside down and gently brush curls through using a Mason Pearson hair brush.
4. Flip hair back up. Create a deep side part and gently smooth out the top of hair using a comb, maintaining volume at the part.
5. Spray Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine onto a kabuki makeup brush and stroke the brush over hair from roots to ends to give a healthy shine. Keep style in place and protect against humidity with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.