Odile, one of the most creative fashion show artists, created these gorgeous, gold leaf adorned knots for Jason Wu. Using Aveda products, she combed the hair to the nape from a top center part. The hair was gathered, twisted and then doubled up over the elastic. The ends were then heavily sprayed up to the crown. Gel, blended with gold pigment, was placed over the ends. While still wet, gold leaf was placed on top of the gel. (steps below)
Really...who thinks like that? It's complicated, time consuming and simply breath-taking, just like the Jason Wu designs.
Says Odile, “The Jason Wu hair for this season is elegantly chic—like a piece of art. The ends of the hair are coated in 24-karat gold leaf and shaped like a feather, echoing the gold accents and feathers from the collection.”
| Odile creating a flawless finish at the Jason Wu, fall/winter 2011 collection|
HAIR STEP BY STEP BY ODILE GILBERT FOR AVEDA:
1. Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener to damp hair, from roots to ends, to smooth hair and add shine. Create a center part using a fine-tooth comb and blow hair dry straight. Use a flat-iron for super sleek length.
2. Create a ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Spray Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray generously to keep hair in place.
3. Coat the hair from roots to ends with Aveda Brilliant Retexturing Gel for a lustrous, polished look.
4. Divide the ponytail in half and wind the two sections together to create a twist. Secure the twist with an elastic two to three inches above the ends and mist with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
5. Pull the ends of the hair up to the back of the head so the twist loops at the neck. Use bobby pins to secure the bottom of the twist to the base—so the ends of the hair fan upwards. Add a layer of Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
6. Use a fine-tooth comb to coax the ends of the hair into a feather shape and set against the head using Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray. Very gently apply gold leaf to only to the shaped ends with fingers and spray liberally with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
7. Complete the look with a generous layer of Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine for a high gloss finish.