Brittney Carmichael is a favorite with her clients not only because of her skill level but also for her positive vibes that people pick up on. On the website for her salon, OMG Hairstyles in Frisco, TX, Carmichael’s husband praises his wife and all hairdressers: “She’s the person you share your life with who never judges....She’s your friend. Plus she makes you shine.”
As our Healthy Hairdresser of the Week, Brit Carmichael shares her “5 Tips for the Busy Stylist to Increase Energy!” We especially like #5—check it out:
1. Take a 30-minute break! Schedule a break during your busy schedule just for yourself. A quiet and calming 15 minutes does wonders for your overall state of health and happiness!! Follow that with a 15-minute “work window” to return calls, send emails and make product orders.
2. Relax between appointments. Make it a priority to relax your mind and body by taking ten deep breaths before you move on to your next guest. It is a great way to balance the mind and body and prepare yourself to be of service to the next guest. It is our job as stylists to command the energy of the conversation. When we are relaxed, we can help our guests to become more relaxed as well.
3. Grab a snack! Prepare quick and easy—but healthful—foods that you can eat on the go. Chopped-up veggie sticks, fruit, nuts and seeds, granola and hummus dip are great suggestions for grabbing a quick boost of energy in between clients.
4. Stay hydrated! Keep a water bottle near you at all times. As a stylist, we talk a lot with our clients. Soothe your throat by adding a little lemon and honey—or cucumber!—to your water to boost your pH level for increased energy.
5. Think Happy! When you are thinking happy, you are feeling happy. Maintaining a positive mental attitude by choosing to see the goodness in every person will help keep your energy flowing freely. Focus on the beautiful qualities of life—joy, love, peace, truth and kindness.
Contribute your Healthy Hairdresser story to Projects Editor Rosanne Ullman at email@example.com.