What could be more luxurious than facials from head to toe? Enterprising estheticians have targeted them toward every nook and cranny.
Soft, glowing skin is a priority for the face, but every body part can benefit from professional care. Beyond basic body treatments, body "facials" for almost every specific area bring highly targeted ingredients and intensive, multi-step treatments that will bring the neck, elbows or back up to par with the face.
Some facials are customized to specific clients, such as the hand facial offered for tired golfers at PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, or the underarm facial that clears up ingrown hairs and inflammation at a few warm weather salons. But many of the more general services listed here can be used on almost anyone who wants her skin to look its best every day. A recent survey revealed more than 86 percent of renew readers offer facials for parts other than the face: Try incorporating one or more of these services, and gauge demand before you add to your service menu—or, just make these limited-time offers for brides or spring breakers to add excitement. Even if they never become as popular as your signature facial, they round out a true beauty professional's repertoire.
Neck and Decollete Facial
Exhale Spas, nationwide. www.exhalespa.com
"This facial is primarily the same as for the face, but modified because the neck is much more sensitive," says Spa Director Deja Goldstein. Clients wishing for even more visible results can upgrade the service with a Z-Peel from the product line, Actifirm.
service summary: Did you know your neck ages seven years faster than your face? We've designed a specific therapy to help slow signs of aging. Our purifying and nutrient-rich enzyme peel leaves your complexion luminous.
1. Select a cleanser based on skin type, and gently cleanse the neck and dÃƒ©colletÃƒ© area. Remove with warm towels.
2. Add steam to the area.
3. For exfoliation, determine whether an enzyme, glycolic or lactic acid would be appropriate. Add exfoliant with brush, wait for several minutes, and then remove with warm towels.
4. Perform extractions if necessary.
5. Select a calming mask, then apply liberally all over the area. Wait for several minutes (you may perform a neck, foot or arm massage) and then remove the mask with warm towels.
6. Select a hydrating mask and repeat procedure. Again, remove mask with warm towels.
7. Finish with a neck and decollete massage, and apply a day lotion with SPF.
time: 30 minutes as an add-on, or 60 minutes alone
cost: as an add-on $65, or $110 alone