and Heels Facial
Honey Child Salon and Spa, Chicago, Illinois,
The body parts that could use the most TLC are catered to with Honey Child's "Rough Patches" service that focuses on dry, cracked and weather-worn skin. Esthetician Christine Bayen says the pampering treatment appeals to both young and old, and is recommended every 12 weeks. Body balms and exfoliation gels are popular accompanying take-home products.
service summary: Created exclusively for Honey Child. Get the works with this lightening and smoothing technique. Citrus enzyme peel, rich balms and a blast of paraffin are used to revive and soften these most neglected areas on your temple.
1. Have client lie face up on treatment table, propped up with a bolster, and crossing her arms over her stomach so that elbows point out. On dry skin, apply Honey Child Honey and Almond Scrub on elbows, knees and heels. For heels, cup foot in hands and gently lift off table to apply scrub.
2. After 5-10 minutes, use a towel to buff off scrub.
3. Warm Honey Child Honey Balm in warmer. Apply melted balm to elbows, knees and heels and massage in.
4. Next, apply Honey Child Honey Mask to lock in moisture.
5. Over the mask, apply a honey paraffin coat. Dip cotton strips in paraffin and lay over elbows, knees and heels. While paraffin sets, perform a head and neck massage.
6. Once paraffin is dry, peel cotton strips off. Do not wipe off remaining residue, but rub into skin for moisture and protection.
time: 30 minutes
Bare Back Facial
Tru Spa, San Francisco, California, www.truspa.com
A back facial is the most requested non-face facial, as "people are slowly discovering it," says Anya Mankowska-Allard, Tru's spa director. "It's become popular among brides." The spa uses one of several product lines in this service, depending on the client.
service summary: Show off that fancy new epidermis of yours. Our back facial combines many of the facial elements that have made us famous—including a prodigious amount of extractions, exfoliation, oxygen, massage, skin type specific mask, environmental protection—along with a skin renewing glycolic peel. Just the ticket to get you back in shape!
1. Have client lay face down. Perform skin analysis of back.
2. Cleanse the back, from shoulders to hip area.
3. Apply glycolic peel. To remove, wipe with warm towels.
4. Cleanse skin again. Apply an oxygenated body cream all over the back, concentrating on areas to be extracted. Cover the back with a plastic film (the enhanced penetration of ingredients will make extractions less painful). In the meantime, perform a 15-minute hand massage.
5. Remove plastic film and perform extractions. Apply toner after each extraction.
6. Follow by spritzing an oxygen spray enriched with
vitamins all over the back.
7. Perform a 30-minute back massage, working from the bottom of the back up toward shoulders.
8. Apply a soothing mask depending on skin type. Perform a 15-minute foot massage.
9. Remove mask with warm towels and apply a moisturizer.
time: 130 minutes