1. Begin the lowlight with a foil application. Place very fine slices on foil and apply 6.3 (light golden brown) blended with 10-volume developer. Foils are placed in1½ sections from just below the rounds of the head.
2. Continue applying color in this manner, working up the head to just below the rounds. Note that some lowlights are wider than others.
3. Foils placed as shown, all below the rounds of the head. Process for 10 minutes.
4. While processing, apply 8.1 (medium ash blonde) with 20-volume developer to the regrowth between foils. Apply quickly for even processing.
5. Process for an additional 10 minutes for a total of 30 minutes.
6. Now add in additional highlights using the baliage technique. Apply lightener (Platinium with 20-volume developer) to the palette. Pull out selected pieces, some wide, some narrow, place on the palette and apply additional color from off root to end.
7. Work up the head, making sure to saturate the ends. Separate sections with cotton.
8. Place plastic wrap over the hair and process for 30 minutes. Shampoo, condition and dry.
Color, cut and style: Eva Scrivo Photography: Roberto Ligresti