Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care & Styling, Wella Professionals, describes the thinking behind the sleek styling at DKNY's runway show during New York Fashion Week. “For this collection, Donna revisited some of her classic looks, resulting in a modern capsule collection that revolved around her iconic pieces. This got me thinking about the classic DKNY woman, and I wanted to create a hair look that embodied her spirit.” said Souleiman.
This deceptively simple style had to be perfectly executed to keep it looking rich and polished. Eugene and the team prepped with the perfect blow dry, which was then straightened. The final flourish--pulling the hair back behind the ears for a confident, carefree finish.
• Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.
• Spray Wella Professionals Thermal Image Protecting Spray through the hair to provide styling hold and heat protection.
• First, create a centre parting then section the hair and blow dry in sections using a round brush pulling the hair slightly upwards to create a little volume at the roots.
• Next, use straightening irons through the hair to create a smooth polished look.
• Finally, take the front sections of hair and using a fine toothed comb, pull back behind the ears.
• For extra hold, spray front sections of hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray.