3 Noteworthy Ecaille Haircolor Looks + a How-to!
See steps taken by Ashlie Zufall below.Photo By Ashlie Zufall Photo 1 of 3
Tortoise shell haircolor by @hairbynathaliecanton.Photo By @hairbynathaliecanton Photo 2 of 3
Ecaille balayage by Yvette.Photo By @studiofifteen15 Photo 3 of 3
Ever since we saw the emerging Ecaille trend in January 2015, we have received a few noteworthy Ecaille haircolor submissions in MODERN’s User Submissions section.
The trend features dark, rich caramel tones that add dimension and warmth to the hair. The great thing about Ecaille is that it can vary look to look, just like an actual tortoise shell. Have you tried out an Ecaille look on a client yet? Try adding shades of honey, amber, golden blonde and dark brown.
In the slideshow, the first look was created by Ashlie Zufall (which she created on her first try!) If you would like to submit your looks, you can here.
- Base Color: Goldwell 5N w 10 vol (root)
- Comb through
- Balayage: Matrix Light Master with 20 vol
- Process hair for 30 minutes: “I kept applying the lightner to the ends to ensure the bleach didn't dry out,” she says.
- Wash/Shampoo: Toned with Goldwell 10BP for 5 minutes
- Rinsed hair
- Condition hair with Smooth Sexy Hair Coconut Hair Mask and finished with all Aquage styling products.