Hair color drives the salon industry. If you've got a strong color business – you've got a strong business. To drive YOUR hair color business, MODERN SALON created the PROCESS program, your Definitive Guide to Color Confidence, providing tools and information that will help you be most successful.
For this year's PROCESS program, MODERN focused on education. Advanced training experiences are important through every stage and service in a salon pro's career, but an absolute priority for hair color. In MODERN'S 2016 color research, we confirm this and explore the options and impact of color education in this year's PROCESS supplement.
The goal is to grow your color business. Here are the top 10 actions that color education can inspire. All should help put more dollars in your pocket.
10. Do more color services. Get new color clients, convert clients to color and upsell existing clients.
9. Improve your color speed so you can book more clients. Discover how to shave time off a color service when you're in a crunch, make sure you are mixing formulas accurately and save time during application and formulation to maximize your color success.
8. Stay on top of trends and position your salon and services accordingly.
7. Be willing to do things other colorist won't. Travel farther for color education or attend education more often or spend more time sourcing color how-tos online. Explore the PROCESS 2016 Research to learn your peers' education habits and set your personal bar a bit higher.
6. Ask your brand partners for help. Talk to your supplier reps about ideas, tools and resources. Explore what other brands are offering, too.
5. Leverage loyalty programs and competitions. Many color brands offer excellent benefits. More than one-third of salon pros say they don't know if they qualify, according to our PROCESS 2016 Research.
4. Show the world what you can do. Document your best color results and color education experiences, and market, promote and market some more. Follow @modernsalon and visit modernsalon.com and salontoday.com for ideas.
3. With the above being said, hone your social media skills.
2. Raise your prices. Know how, when and why to make the jump.
1. Invest in yourself! That's the most important. Good color education will sharpen skills, inspire you creatively and recharge your business. You deserve all three. Sneak a peak at what we have planned for ColorFest 2017 at America's Beauty Show, and start planning for a year of your best color education ever.
Below, you'll find information on the PROCESS sponsors as well as links to the industry's largest online source of color how-tos and collections on ModernSalon.com. Let us know how we can help!