"This was one of the most challenging days in my career," says Jacqueline Gilmour, a stylist and extension specialist based in Detroit. "This beautiful client drove in from Cleveland to get a huge color correction."
Her client had been coloring her hair at home, getting it to a nearly black Level 1. And had been doing this every two-to-three weeks for years.
"She was so sick of maintaining it and wanted to embrace her natural silver," Gilmour explains. "I have been bringing a lot of my clients to their natural silver and have been having great results. With that being said, I have not brought someone from black to silver in one single session but anyone who knows me knows I love a challenge so, of course, I said--let's do it!"
11 hours later..."Niki was such a beautiful person and it was so great to spend the day with her. I think she looks stunning in her new color!"
- Malibu C Color Disruptor (a pre-treatment for corrective color services. It "disrupts" where the color molecule is setting in the hair-shaft to make the removal process easier and more effective.)
- 2 sessions of Malibu C CPR Color Pigment Remover
- Bleach Wash with TIGI Lightener + 20 volume
- Platinum card with TIGI Lightener
- 1st Toner: Redken Shades Eq
- 1 oz 9T 1 oz 9B 1 oz 9P
- Lowlights: Kemon 4.1 and 10 volume
- 2nd Toner: TIGI Gloss
- 15 grams 10/02 15 grams 10/28 2 grams 2/0 1 gram 3/0
- Olaplex added to lightener, lowlights and toners
More from @styled.by.jacqueline
I didn’t think @ryleepotoroka could get any prettier🤷🏻♀️.... but she did 😍😍😍 we have been talking about coloring her Virgin hair for 2 years now. We finally did it and we loooove it!!! ❤️❤️❤️ @styled.by.jacqueline #tigi #beforeandafter #beforeandafterhair #behindthechair #modernsalon #americansalon #balayage #babylights #moneypeice @behindthechair_com #modernsalon @american_salon
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.