I recently was treated to a Keratin Complex Express Blowout service at Chicago’s Studio 110 Salon—and it was fantastic!
Before we got started, Stylist/Extension Specialist Brooke Ingram gave me all the details on the service and explained that the difference between a full Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy treatment and the Express Blowout is that the blowout provides more temporary results, at an affordable rate. (Salon 110 charges $110 and up (depending on length) for the service.
The Express Blow Out still falls under the smoothing service category, but there are a few points of difference:
• Only 60-minutes to complete the service
• Clients can shampoo hair 8 hours after getting the service (vs the 2-3 day waiting period as with some treatments)
• Results last about 6 weeks (vs 4-6 months with a full treatment)
• More affordable than full treatment, because it's not as labor intensive
• Lunch-time service!
Here’s how Brooke did the treatment:
- Shampoo hair twice with Keratin Complex’s clarifying shampoo. Don’t use conditioner. The clarifying shampoo leaves the cuticle open, allowing the smoothing product to penetrate the hair.
- Blow dry the hair straight, using a combination of finger styling and a paddle brush. Dry the hair to 80 percent.
- Begin with approximately 2 ounces of the Express Blow Out smoothing solution.
- Beginning at the nape, make a V-shape parting and paint it on the hair, saturating the strands.
- Work your way up the top of the head.
- Blow dry the solution into the hair, and, if desired, flatiron the hair when dry 100%.
And, voila! That’s it. One hour later and my hair looked shiny, and healthy!