The Professional Beauty Association (PBA), owner, operator and manager of the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), is now accepting applications for NAHA 2015. For the first time, applications will ONLY be accepted online - entrants must submit their application, payment and images through the official NAHA website. Entry is open to makeup artists, licensed cosmetologists, barbers, nail professionals and cosmetology students attending school in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
All entries must be submitted online by 11:00PM EST (8:00PM PST) on February 19, 2015. But don’t worry, PBA assures there’s more than enough time to create and submit an award-winning entry. To help, the beauty association has released a few tips and tricks to get the most out of the application process. Here are the highlights:
- Read the rules carefully. Don't be disqualified for small mistakes in your application. Double check that your application is filled out correctly and that your submission photos meet the necessary requirements and Photoshop rules.
- Get a mentor and use online resources to save money. Don't be afraid to ask for advice and to learn from other stylists
- Depending on the category you enter, keep hair, makeup or nails the focus of your submission photos. Don't rely on props to carry your images or let them be the focus of your NAHA shoot.
- Don't include your name or the name of your salon on submission photos. NAHA judging is blind, so marking your submission photos will get you disqualified.
- Be careful what you share on social media. Posting final images could get you disqualified.
Remember, that this is your opportunity to take your career to the next level! Go to probeauty.org/naha to apply and learn more.