Luxury Brand Partners (LBP) is excited to announce Idealogue: Social Currency—a cutting-edge event featuring panel discussions and TED-style talks designed to help stylists thrive in a rapidly changing industry. Idealogue 2017 will take place on September 24-25 at New York City’s Metropolitan West with 600 leading salon owners, independent stylists and digital gurus expected to attend.
“Luxury Brand Partners is a firm believer in education, and the company created Idealogue in order to provide groundbreaking tools, knowledge and insight to stylists around the globe,” said Lyndsey Bardnell, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Projects. “The conference is special because it provides the hair industry with access to world-class thought leaders in a customized setting. As the needs and composition of our audience evolves, the content and the event itself will continue to advance with each passing year.”
Now in its third year, Idealogue has grown into a full-fledged immersive experience with highly sought-after authorities speaking to the shifting landscape of the salon world and the radical change in how salons and stylists communicate with their clientele. The event will open with a keynote speech and Q&A session from 18-time worldwide best-selling author and change agent, Seth Godin (@sethgodin), who will be speaking to the importance of standing above the “noise” and taking the time to solidify brand purpose on social media.
“Let’s talk about more than cutting hair,” said Seth Godin. “We can make connections, change people, build a community and do work that matters.”
Speakers confirmed to-date from an array of industries include:
- Seth Godin (@sethgodin), best-selling author of 18 books including Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip and Purple Cow
- Deepica Mutyala (@deepicam), on-air beauty expert, Today Show tastemaker and YouTube personality
- Bora Chow (@boraboratheexplora), Luxury Partnerships Lead at Facebook/Instagram, former Vogue editor whose parents are salon owners
- Jenny Strebe (@theconfessionsofahairstylist), educator, author, curator of @theconfessionsofahairstylist
- Jamie Dana (@jamiedanahairstylist), hair blogger who teaches social media for businesses
- Jeff Arbour (@jeffarbour), co-founder of Chameleon Collective, a team of entrepreneurs and change makers who help build great companies
- Julius Caesar (@juliuscaesar) L.A. barber, Wahl education and artistic team member
- Lisa Loves Balayage (@lisalovesbalayage), color theory expert and creator of Balayage Boot Camp
- Maggie Mulhern (@maggiemulhern), Beauty & Fashion Director at Modern Salon
- Johnny Wright (@johnnywright220), educator and celebrity hairstylist to Michelle Obama
- Frankie Greek (@grankiefreek), Snapchat creator, social journalist and digital host at Uproxx Media
- Victor Valverde (victorval), senior hairstylist, salon guru and business consultant
More speakers will be announced soon. Tickets are currently available at https://idealogue-coterie.eventbrite.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.