This look is getting so much love on instagram that we decided to dig deeper. Sara Pecora (@saralenore), a colorist/stylist at Smoke and Mirrors Salon, Richmond, Virginia, just earned her license in 2012 but is already making a name for herself for dimensional color and long layered bobs. Although she doesn't get many "pop" color clients. she appreciates going out of her comfort zone and loves the fun and creative side of haircolor. This is one of her most recent transformations on a new client and both Pecora and client M.E. enjoyed the four hours it took from start to finish.
root to one inch out: natural regrowth (level 7)
mid shaft/ends: box color (level 4 with cranberry tones)
1. Apply Wella Blondor Cream with 30 volume Soft Blonde Cream Lightener at regrowth to one inch, along the natural haircolor.
2. Mids to ends apply Multi Blonde powder with 40 Volume developer.
3. Process for 30 minutes at room temperature. Shampoo and Condition with Wella Brilliance. Dry the hair.
4. Re-apply Wella Multi Blonde with 40 volume from mids to ends (leaving off the roots which have already lifted to a pale blonde). Cap the hair.
5. Process for an additional 30 minutes under medium heat. (At this point hair should be lifted to level 9 or 10.) Shampoo, condition and dry.
6. Apply to root: Joico Color Intensity, 5 parts Clear and one part Pink.
7. Apply to mid shaft through ends: Special Effects Cupcake Pink (direct dye).
8. Process for 20 minutes and then shampoo and condition with Wella Brilliance.
-Have client bring photos.
-Have a full consultation to let client know that you may not make it the first visit and that this color design may take several trips to the salon. Make sure the client has realistic expectations.
-Advise client that at home care is key and deep conditioning is essential.
-Advise client to wash with color safe products and rinse with luke warm water.