A woman’s hair is her crowning glory and Miss Universe 2015, Pauline Vega, is no exception. CHI took center stage, creating her styles, along with the hair of all 88 contestants from around the world. All hair was styled using CHI’s new collection launched exclusively for the pageant: The Miss Universe Style Illuminate Hair Care Line. Pauline Vega’s looks were all done by CHI Hairstylist Julian Macia. Farouk Systems Global Board Artist and lead Hair Artist for Miss Universe Tammy Mixon shares her steps for creating the winning Miss Universe style.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Begin by spritzing the hair with Miss Universe Style Illuminate’s Set the Stage Blow Dry Spray to detangle, smooth and soften.
2. Comb through to evenly distribute and with the Miss Universe CHI Professional Hair Dryer, dry hair with your hands to remove the bulk of moisture, lifting hair at the base to provide ample volume.
3. When hair is still slightly damp, section the hair into 4 parts (top, sides, back and nape).
4. Starting at the nape area with a large round ceramic brush, finish blow drying by again lifting the hair at the root area. Continue to dry the rest of the section by smoothing and rounding the ends under. Continue throughout the entire head.
5. Next, take a medium round ceramic brush and wrap larger sections throughout the head, twirling them around the brush. Give each section a blast of hot air followed by cool air to set in the curl.
6. When releasing each section, continue to twist as you remove the brush. By unwrapping the twirl, this helps to create those soft sultry waves.
7. For added curl definition and volume, the Miss Universe CHI 1 ¼” Titanium Curling Iron was used to bump the ends under and add several more defined curls. The base was sprayed with Restage Dry Shampoo for added lift and texture.
8. To finish, spray with Rock Your Crown Firm Hair Spray for hold and mist with Spotlight Shine Spray to add shine and glisten to hair.
For additional information visit www.farouk.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.