“Zimmermann has always held a place close to my heart," says Lead Hair Stylist: Rodney Cutler for Cutler/Redken Salon. "As an Australian, I am so proud to support and stand beside other talented Australians. The sexy, elegant clothing and cut outs are unique while still being wearable, which challenged me to create a similar vibe with the hair. The gold hair brooch stood out from behind - while fitting in with the gold accents on the collection’s brimmed hats - and created a 3-D effect, that, when broken down, is easily recreated.”
Here Cutler shares the step by step:
1. Apply a generous amount of Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to the root of the hair.
2. Create a severe center part and blow dry the hair away from the face with a brush to ensure smoothness.
3. Measuring from the base of the neck, section off the bottom 2-3 inches of the hair.
4. Brush the top half of the hair back into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
5. Pull a small section of the hair from the bottom of the ponytail and spray a generous about of Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray, wrap around the base of the ponytail.
6. Placing the square portion of the brooch around the wrapped pony, use the pin to thread under the knot of the ponytail, lifting it away from the head, and creating a look of a ribboning.
7. Finish the look by smoothing with Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 – Cushioning Blow Dry Gel and Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray over top of the hair.