Casual bohemian elegance was mastered by Keira Knightley at the Oscars last night. Styled by Ben Skervin for ghd, her relaxed and romantic curls were adorned with a delicate Chanel headband.
“I wanted to keep Keira’s cool edge,” said Skervin, “so it was important that the hair not appear professionally done, and more like she could have done her hair herself.”
Here Skervin shares his technique for creating these understated waves.
GET THE LOOK:
1. I first sprayed Keira’s hair with a blowout primer, then used the ghd air hairdryer with ionic technology that gives hair a smooth, frizz-free finish.
2. When drying, I took sections of hair and twisted them to create loose texture. Once each twisted section dried, I used my fingers to comb through which helps to deconstruct the look so it’s not perfect.
3. I then wrapped 2 inch sections of hair around the ghd curve classic wave wand and with ghd’s patented tri-zone technology, the whole barrel had the same temperature ensuring no hair was left un-waved. The unique oval shaped barrel also created perfect, large and loose waves.
4. Once I had the right texture, I brushed out the hair and sprayed a beach spray all over.
5. To finish, I used the ghd air hairdryer once more over the top layer to set the style before adding the Chanel headband.
For more information on ghd products, visit ghdhair.com/us.