TIGI Educator Stephanie Senner introduces a freehand blending technique that creates soft tones of pale truffle and smoked lavender.
“As our clients’ skin complexions get warmer during spring and summer, we tend to cool down their hair to create more of a harmonious balance,” says Richy Kandasamy, TIGI U.S. technical director. “Pale, pastel tones like smokey lavender and iridescent violets are going to be the more dominant shades and tend to be quite flattering on most skin tones. Working with creative toning technique or stretching color technique will give those kind of harmonious color effects.”
FORMULA AND APPLICATION
All color TIGI Copyright Colour
Formula 1: 35 g gloss7/0 + 10 g gloss 7/4 + activator 8.5 volume/2.55%
Formula 2: 28 g gloss 10/02 + 2 g gloss 55/22 + activator 8.5 volume/2.55%
1. Create a large circular section 1 inch from the hairline, incorporating the low crown. Subdivide into four equal sections and secure.
2. Take a radial parting from the top of the ear toward the circular section on either side of the head. Secure all remaining hair. Starting the application at the nape, take a diagonal slice and apply Formula 1 from the new growth area through to the mid-lengths and ends. Isolate using a TIGI Copyright Colour meche strip.
3. From the second slice, apply Formula 1 from the new growth area through to the mid-lengths. With a freehand blending technique, apply Formula 2 to the lengths and ends. Isolate each slice using TIGI Copyright Colour meche strips.
4. Progressing into the two sections at the crown, apply Formula 1 from the new growth area through to the mid-lengths and ends. Continue until the sections are complete and isolate using a TIGI Copyright Colour meche strip.
5. Working in the radial section, take horizontal slices and apply Formula 1 to the new growth area, then apply Formula 2 through the mid-lengths and ends. Isolate using a TIGI Copyright Colour meche strip. Repeat the same technique on the opposite side.
6. Continue the same technique into the last two top sections. Apply Formula 1 to the new growth area, then Formula 2 to the mid-lengths and ends.
7. Within the fringe area, take ½-inch slices and apply Formula 1 from the new growth area through the mid-lengths and ends. Process for 20 minutes.