Keune Haircosmetics recently hosted its North American distributors at its home in Atlanta to present the plan for continuing growth, thank them for their support and share the strategies for mutual continued success. Distributors visited one of the seven Salon 124 locations and the Keune Academy by 124 cosmetology school to experience successful beauty environments that are fully committed to Keune. They also celebrated their success at a special debut of Luxurious Minimalism, Keune’s 2016 Global Trend Collection, and a festive awards dinner.
“In our search for True Beauty, we look for true partnerships and we share success,” said George Keune, CEO, Keune Haircosmetics North America, whose family founded Keune in the Netherlands more than 90 years ago and still independently owns the company. “Globally, we are a hair color powerhouse, which offers us a platform on which to build our color and retail business long-term. We are grateful for our distributors and loyal to their partnership in reaching our long-term goals.”
“We’re building a can-do, proactive culture of excellence for our color-strong, full-service, professional-only brand,” added Andrew Biazis, chief operating officer, Keune Haircosmetics North America. “We have doubled Keune’s sales from 2012 through 2016. We’ve increased our distributor salon consultant count by 140 and our store count by more than 100. Simultaneously, we’ve almost quadrupled our corporate North American team since 2012 in order to support our distributors and salons in the field with the marketing support, education and sales tools they need to create a strong relationship with our mutual customers.”
Biazis continued, “We are building an emotional connection for the Keune brand with salon owners and hairdressers by listening to and answering their needs, which most brands today find a challenge. As the highlight of our loyalty program, we will reward our best salon customers with destination education to Keune Academies around the world. We plan to increase brand awareness by leveraging our public relations and social media programs, place greater emphasis on retail product sales and double our sales again by 2020. We are truly listening to both our distributors and market leader salons, whose insights, combined with our strategies, will propel the growth of Keune long term salon-by-salon, stylist-by-stylist.”
At the end of the event, Keune honored its top distributors for outstanding achievement.
“At Keune Haircosmetics North America, we consider our Distributor Performance and Recognition Awards evening to be a special moment during which those business partners who have excelled in one or more areas of Keune performance, focus or support can be identified and recognized in front of their peers for a job very well done,” said Mark Webber, vice president of sales and business development. “We appreciate the efforts of all distributors who represent the Keune brand, and we know that our outstanding double-digit growth each year for the past three years is a result of the collective hard work of our entire professional sales and education family.”
- Keune’s George Keune and Andrew Biazis welcomed Paramount Beauty Distributors to the Keune family with the New Distributor Club award.
- Two shining salon owner stars: Keune recognized Ross Badgett III , owner of Ross the Boss, Incorporated, with the Salon Pioneer Award, for having the gumption to take a gamble and show others the Dutch difference. Brian Perdue, president/CEO of Salon 124 Inc., accepted the award for Alliance Partner for his Keune Academy by 124 and the Salon 124 Group.
- Keune honored Canada’s Modern Beauty Supplies with its Embrace the Brand award, which is presented to a new distributor who most enthusiastically supports the focus and promotion of Keune. In less than 2 years after a focused start in Ontario, this distributor represents Keune across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Salon Accessories received the Nitron Recognition award for the most exemplary five-spoke effort in the areas of sales increase relative to size, bi-monthly promotions buy-in and support, education support across all platforms, participation in Keune’s Brand Specialist program and unique Keune focus thinking reflected in everything they do from a distributor show with a spotlight on Keune to an “I love Keune” Academy special program.
- Keune presented the Promotions Participation award to Gorgeous Distributors for the highest percentage of bi-monthly promotions participation.
- Twin State Salon Supply was honored with the Retail Growth award in recognition of percentage growth across all retail items.
- In addition to being named as one of Keune’s distributors with highest sales, Life of Riley Salon Supply received the Color Growth award for top percentage growth across all Keune color items.
- In addition to being honored as one of Keune’s distributors with highest sales, National Salon Resources received the MPR Achievement award, which recognizes the single distributor who achieved the greatest percentage growth above their 2015 minimum purchase requirement.
- Keune recognized European Image Salon Suppliers as one of its distributors with highest sales.
- Keune recognized Salon Services & Supplies as one of its distributors with highest sales.
- Keune recognized Premier Beauty Supply as one of its distributors with highest sales.
A family-owned and founded entrepreneurial company based in The Netherlands, Keune Haircosmetics has served hair stylists, colorists and consumers since 1922 by providing the finest professional hair color, hair care and styling products to more than 70 countries. For more information, visit Keune.com/na.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.