It's summer and thus more important than ever to be able to give clients tailored, lit-from-within blonde color. However, a beautiful blonde tone is only as good as its staying power. Follow the steps below to learn how to use L'Oreal Professionnel's INOA Blond Resist haircolor and Tecni.Art stylers to deliver sunkissed blondes that won't go brassy.
1. Apply Blond Resist by INOA 8.21/8VB as a global re-growth application, blending the formula three inches into mid-length to diffuse the line of demarcation.
2. Start development timer for 35 minutes.
3. In a ten to fifteen minute application using Sweet Mèches, create 8 to 12 diagonal forward slices on the top of the head, working off of the natural parting. Apply Blond Resist by INOA 10.23/10VG on the mid-lengths and ends. Blend both formulas where they meet to create a sombré effect using INOA 10-vol. Rich Developer. (Fig. 1)
4. Pull through Blond Resist by INOA 8.21/8VB on the remaining hair in the nape, sides and in-between the
Sweet Mèches. (Fig. 2)
Removal and Rinsing
1. Wet, emulsify, rinse and shampoo twice with L’Oréal Professionnel post color shampoo.
2. Condition and lock in the color with Powerdose Color A-OX.
Working off of the profile parting, create a small triangular section, with the high point of the triangle at the round of the head and the width of the triangle at of the high-recession points. (Fig. 1)
1. Create a halo section from the top of the control point to the front hairline. (Fig. 2)
2. Diagonal forward sections are taken off the profile parting, from the occipital to the back of the ears. (Fig. 2)
3. With the head slightly forward, comb hair into the natural fall using the fine-teeth of the comb. Establish the perimeter by point-cutting, diffusing the line. Work up the head to the established halo section. (Fig. 2)
Stylist Tip: Over the ear, tap hair in the comb with your shears, to avoid cutting a hole in the perimeter. (Fig. 2)
4. With the head up-right, a vertical section is taken from the control point to the occipital and elevated to 90° from the head. The line is point-cut to decrease in length from the interior – pivoting radial sections are taken until there is no hair left, on the right and left side. (Fig. 3)
5. Release the halo section and comb into natural fall. From the control point to the top of the occipital take a vertical section and comb 45° from the head and slide cut short to long. Pivoting radial sections are continued from the center back to
behind the ear on the right and left side. (Fig. 3)
6. Release triangular section at the front hairline and comb into 45º elevation, pinching hair together, using the tip of the nose as the reference point for your guide, slide cut to establish the length for forward graduation. Incorporate remaining hair, elevating 45º away from the face and slide cut visually from the top of the lip to the perimeter on both sides of the face.
Densité, Volume Envy Extra and Infinium 4
1. Spray Tecni.Art Densité on towel-dried hair, priming the hair as the cutting lotion.
2. Liberally apply Tecni.Art Volume Envy Extra at the crown and comb through mid-lengths and ends.
3. Pre-dry lifting the re-growth to create volume. Use a large round brush to create volume at the re-growth and round twists on the ends for a full-glamorous finish.
4. Spray Tecni.Art Infinium 4 over the style to set the look.