Stylist Amanda Ludwig knows a thing or two about achieving salty, textured hair that looks straight from the beach even if you're far from the shore. The Philadephia-based artist turns to Sexy Hair's Texture Collection, which includes five products with a range of hold and touchable texture with buildability and humidity protection.
The line includes a styling shampoo, a texturizing foam, a texturizing beach spray, a dry texturizing spray and a finishing hairspray. The shampoo is designed to maintain hair’s natural shine while adding texture. The brand recommends using it without a conditioner.
“The shampoo is amazing,” Ludwig says. “It can be used as simply as washing hair and putting it in braids. Later when your client is home, they can take the braids out and boom! They’ll have the most beautiful beach waves.”
For shine that lasts all night, Ludwig turns to the brand's Party Lite Texturizing Foam. It helps to give texture on wet or dry hair. With a texture level of 8, the Surfer Girl Dry Texturizing Spray has the highest level of the range.
“It’s by far my favorite product in this collection,” Ludwig says. “I love to give my client messy beach waves with a hot tool, flip their head over and spray it throughout. The spritz has a powerful spray the moves the hair and creates beautiful volume. And the smell is to die for!”
She recommends finishing the look with the High Tide finishing spray to keep texture locked in for hours.
In this video, Ludwig uses the Clean Wave and Surfer Girl to achieve a natural beach wave:
- Begin with a dime-sized amount of Cean Wave to gently clean the hair.
- Give that a good scrub to make sure product and buildup is out of the hair.
- Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
- Grab your favorite 1-inch iron, and section the hair diagonal back.
- Take chunks away from the face, and clip the hair around the iron starting toward the top of the hair for maximum lift at the root.
- Allow the hair to roll off the top of the iron as you gently drag down. PRO TIP: Don’t forget to leave 1 inch of the ends out.
- Finish up Surfer Girl. Run your fingers throughout and shake for the messy, beach result!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.