Just launched, the Hair Prescriptives (HPx) hair care system for men and women is designed to foster thicker, healthier, fuller, and more beautiful hair while reducing thinning hair and hair loss. Comprising five products, the system was developed by Dr. Steven L. Ringler, founder of the Hair Restoration Institute in Michigan. Ringler holds patents for non-surgical, botanical hair loss/thinning hair and volumizing treatments.
Ringler spent years of international research and product development before introducing this new HPx range, a botanically based hair regimen that has been shown in clinical conditions to deliver measurable results for those experiencing temporary hair loss and thinning hair. Ringler says that the products' active botanicals can correct the biochemical imbalance that often contributes to thinning hair and hair loss. The products address all hair types and textures and are safe on color-treated and chemically treated hair.
Ekakshi Oil Complex
One of the system's ingredients in nature, Ekakshi oil, is extracted from the very rare, one-eyed coconut native to the Philippines. This hard-to-find, botanically active extract invigorates the hair follicles and delivers clinically proven results shown to improve hair density, texture and volume, according to the company.
The HPx proprietary Ekakshi Oil Complex is a synergistic and powerful mix of medium-chained fatty acids, antioxidants, and vasodilators. Researchers have found that the unique properties of this rare oil also provide the hair with antimicrobial benefits. In addition, the Ekakshi oil’s medium-chained fatty acid profile consists of caprylic and lauric acids, which support healthy hair growth while helping to repair damaged, lifeless or dull hair to deliver beautiful, thicker, healthier hair every day.
In both independent and HRI clinical studies, the Hair Prescriptives hair and scalp serum showed impressive results in improving the density and texture of hair. Moreover, the improvement continued with further treatment—the longer the treatment span, the better the results.
Hair follicles can get damaged due to several factors, including stress, diet, hormone changes, poor blood circulation, and environmental stressors. This can result in thinning; weak, brittle, lackluster strands; and, in worst cases, hair loss.
Ringler notes that healthy hair is directly related to the condition of the scalp and the follicles. Taking simple, but effective, steps in the early stages of the problem and opting for the right hair care routine, he says, is instrumental for hair growth, longevity, and healthy quality of the strands.
The HPx products are:
- Active Hair & Scalp Treatment, both an in-salon and an at-home treatment that delivers a mega-dose of Ekakshi Oil Complex and is clinically shown to increase blood flow and oxygen levels to the scalp, restoring and revitalizing the hair. It strengthens and nourishes each hair follicle at the core, improving density and thickness while delivering visible results in overall volume. The package contains six at-home treatments.
- Shampoo, a gentle shampoo formulated with bio-active botanical oils to cleanse hair while removing buildup and maintaining the hair's strength and volume. Appropriate for all hair types and textures, the shampoo also stimulates the scalp.
- Conditioner, a lightweight formula that improves manageability and leaves hair with increased luster, as it re-balances moisture levels and provides essential hydration. Enriched with the Ekakshi Oil Complex and bio-active botanical oils, this enriching conditioner helps detangle dry and damaged hair while still imparting volume.
- Daily Nourishing Styling Cream, which helps to prevent split ends and eliminate unwanted frizz. Formulated with a combination of Ekakshi Oil Complex, vitamin E and aloe vera, this lightweight cream is great for men’s grooming, wave definition, and providing style control no matter the weather.
- Hair Gloss Serum, comprised of Ekakshi Oil Complex and other botanical oils that have been blended together to deliver luminous shine and curl definition without weighing the hair down. This elegant styling gloss is suited for all hair types and textures and safe for color-treated or chemically treated hair.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Salon Today