Garren, Celebrity Hairstylist and Co-founder of R+Co, used products from R+Co Bleu—the brand's fully sustainable, couture-caliber sister collection—to create looks for the Anna Sui Fall/Winter 2022 show at New York Fashion Week. The looks aligned with Anna Sui's "Ready, Steady, Go" theme, filled with British bands and "sixties mod."
"My inspiration came form club kids in the '60s," Garren says. "I took reference from some of my own past work to dream up these looks. It was about individuality and how kids go to a club and their hair is all different textures. We used products that would allow us to work with the models' natural texture to give them the texture we wanted and style that would last for a full day, shooting on set. We didn't have one hero product; each product was individual, chosen specifically for that model, hair type, and look we were trying to achieve." The man's style, he adds, was a Beatles look.
The products for each model were:
- Cristina and Evie: Prepped with Magnifier Thickening Spray; finished with Featherlight Hairspray
- Eden: Styled with Super Style Creme and Smooth & Seal Blow-Dry Mist
- Meadow: Styled with Essential Hair Tonic; finished with Featherlight Hairspray
- Sherry: Prepped at the roots with Magnifier Thickening Spray and Essential Hair Tonic on the ends; finished with Cult Classic Flexible Hairspray
- Liam: Styled with Surreal Styling Serum
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.