The Eckhaus Latta Fall/Winter 2022 show at New York Fashion Week drew inspiration from the undone lifestyle of the old Lower East Side. Oribe stylist Tamara McNaughton complemented this theme through natural, lived-in hair looks, incorporating “piecey-ness” and texture for an effortless, disruptive vibe.
Long & Loose
- Split the hair into two sections horizontally from ear-to-ear below the crown.
- On the back section, create a 5-strand braid at the base of the neck. Secure with an elastic.
- Spray Dry Texturizing Spray directly on the braid, and pull apart to loosen.
- On the front section, apply Volumista Mist for Volume at the roots, and scrunch with hands to add texture.
- Apply Foundation Mist and Maximista Thickening Spray, and diffuse to bring out natural texture.
- Pull out a few strands from the front section, and loosely attach to the braid, hiding pins within, to create an undone look.
- For a textured finish, spray Dry Texturizing Spray throughout, and use hands to rough up the look.
- Add Rough Luxury Soft Molding Paste through ends for added definition.
Short & Slick
- Using Rough Luxury Soft Molding Paste, push hair back from the face to shape the style and remove the part.
- Apply Maximista Thickening Spray through ends, and diffuse for texture and control.
- Spray Gold Lust Dry Shampoo at the ends, and massage in for definition.
- Complete the look by using Swept Up Volume Powder Spray on ends for grip and texture.
All photography: @marsha_photo
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.