A new brand is committing to help you give men the looks they want. Launched earlier this year by celeb men's hairdresser and image consultant Kristan Serafino, THE BEST PASTE aims to develop superior men’s products delivered with clear and simple information to achieve the desirable results. Following extensive market research, Serafino learned that men are looking for just two things in their products: hold and shine. Based on that information and a mission of "no fuss, just straightforward style," THE BEST PASTE offers five paste products, coded by color:
- Matte Firm Hold (orange), a vegan, matte hair paste that’s easy to use and wash out. Water-based with a creamier texture than traditional hair pastes, it won't pull out hair during application.
For clients who: want the “just out of bed” look or any dry style, or for the longer-hair client looking for a leave-in tamer.
Scent: vanilla tobacco
- Low Shine Medium Hold (blue), a water-based, easy-to-use, pliable hold product with a non-greasy matte finish that gives a camera-ready look.
For clients who: have very thin hair or are looking for low shine, tons of texture, and medium hold for styles like messy pompadours and textured crops.
Scent: cherry mint
- Natural Shine Medium Hold (green), which offers a super-flexible hold and doesn't leave the pillow greasy.
For clients who: want the freedom to run their hands through their hair all day without generating flakes.
Scent: bay rum and mint
- Natural Shine–Firm Hold (yellow), a water-based, gel wax-type paste, handcrafted with natural ingredients, that carries a heavier consistency than the other pastes and provides a strong, pliable hold without the use of harsh chemicals.
For clients who: want to just comb the product into damp hair and have it hold for days, touched up by reapplying a little water.
Scent: coconut and leather
- High Shine Light Hold (pink), an oil-based, petroleum-free paste that keeps hair healthy and leaves the scalp with a balanced pH.
For clients who: like feeling a super-clean scalp and hair.
Scent: mint and tea tree
In 2018, Allure named Kristan Serafino "Hollywood’s Most Sought-After Groomer." When Serafino conducts a consultation, she takes into consideration the next three haircuts to ensure that the style doesn't simply chase a trend but, rather, remains relevant and personalized to the individual. She cuts the hair dry, which she feels works better for designing a look based on a person's face shape and hair texture. Her clients have included Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Norman Reedus, Robert Pattinson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Shawn Mendes, and Michael J. Fox.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.