To celebrate Pride Month, The Blonds and Motorola teamed up to create a limited-edition couture lanyard inspired by the iconic Motorola Razr. All proceeds from this collaboration go to the New York City Anti-Violence Project. AVP empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and HIV affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and supports survivors through counseling and advocacy. Moroccanoil is proud to support this collaboration and come together with The Blonds and Motorola in support of Pride Month and the LGBTQIA+ community.
“I was so inspired by The Blonds and Motorola coming together in celebration of Pride Month and showing their support of the LGBTQIA+ community," said Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil artistic director. "This look really came together with the spirit and fervor of Studio 54 in mind! I wanted to create something as eye-catching as this limited-edition collaboration so we built these gorgeous disco curls to honor that.”
Get the Look
- On damp hair, use a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment — or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer hair and lighter tones — mid-lengths through ends to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- To build body, apply a generous amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse globally throughout the hair.
- Blow dry the hair smooth using the Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer.
- Then, separate the hair into one-quarter-inch sections and begin to curl using a one-quarter-inch curling iron. To achieve slightly larger curls, use a larger barreled curling iron like the Moroccanoil Everlasting Curl Titanium Curling Iron. Be sure to apply Moroccanoil Perfect Defense to each section prior to curling to protect the hair from heat.
- Brush each section of curls loosely using the Moroccanoil Ceramic Paddle Brush.
- Spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the hair to add dimension and expand the curls.
- Then, create a deep side part with the Moroccanoil Tail Comb, applying Moroccanoil Styling Gel at the part line to smooth it down.
- Finish the look with an ample amount of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine to boost glitz and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to keep the curls in place.
Moroccanoil Treatment $44 | Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse $30 | Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer $320 | Moroccanoil Perfect Defense $30 | Moroccanoil Ceramic Paddle Brush $30 | Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray $30 | Moroccanoil Styling Gel $26 | Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine $30 | Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong $26
Where to buy: Moroccanoil.com
The Blonds x Motorola Limited-Edition Pride Collaboration Inspiration: Inspired by the iconic Motorola Razr, The Blonds created this couture lanyard to act as a chic, hands-free phone accessory — bringing their signature high fashion, crystalized style to the world of high-tech accessories.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.