The 4th annual Daytime Beauty Awards, founded by CEO Michele Elyzabeth took place on Sunday, September 11 at the Taglyan Complex in Los Angeles. The award show recognizes science behind beauty and spotlights health and wellness professionals in the fields of medicine, health, fitness, aesthetics, skincare, color and styling, cannabis, and beauty innovation. For the first time, the DBAs brought beauty to the metaverse with NFT OASIS. Audiences around the globe live streamed the award ceremony in the metaverse.
NBC’s American Ninja Warrior host, Matt Iseman opened the show presenting Outstanding Achievement in Fitness to real-life superhero, Jessie Graff.
Tony Danza showed off his dancing skills on stage presenting Outstanding Achievement in Medicine to star Orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Robert Klapper.
Kelly Rowland surprised Brand of the Year honorees, Gabrielle Union and Larry Sims on stage after being introduced by FOX’s 9-1-1 star, Aisha Hinds. Union received a standing ovation for her inspiring speech, reflecting unity and camaraderie among brand builder’s and business entrepreneurs.
Paula Abdul celebrated The Innovation Award with honoree, Firmenich, received by Theo Spilka. Paula was announced by presenters, Julie Ann Emery, star of Apple+ Five Days At Memorial and Amouage’s SVP of America, Robert Sorce.
Judy Greer gave a heartfelt speech for Outstanding Achievement in Health to WILE co-founder, Gwen Floyd.
Black Adam star, Sarah Shahi presented Outstanding Achievement in Aesthetics to Nurse Jamie, while Emmy-nominated actress, Naomi Grossman presented Tool of the Year to founder, Terri Bryant for Guide Beauty.
Candy Spelling presenting Outstanding Achievement in Color and Styling to Lorri Goddard. Other highlights included celebrity hairstylist, Chaz Dean presenting the first Inventor’s Award to Ben Barkworth for the creation of Fastfoils, Comedian Aida Rodriguez lit up the room presenting The Sleeping Beauty Award to cbdMD’s Dr. Sibyl Swift and Cannabis Cutie Tammy Pettigrew presented The Zen Award to former NFL star Rob Sims for the cannabis line, Primitiv, co-founded with Calvin Johnson Jr. Former DBA honorees Dr. Tess Mauricio and Dr. Stafford Broumand presented The Breakthrough Award to Ario Khoshbin for Revanesse.
The 2022 Honorees
- Outstanding Achievement in Aesthetics: Nurse Jamie
- Outstanding Achievement in Color & Styling: Lorri Goddard
- Outstanding Achievement in Fitness: Jessie Graff
- Outstanding Achievement in Health: Gwen Floyd for Wile Inc.
- Outstanding Achievement in Medicine: Dr. Robert Klapper
- Brand of the Year: Gabrielle Union and Larry Sims for Flawless by Gabrielle Union
- Tool of the Year: Terri Bryant & Selma Blair for Guide Beauty
- The Breakthrough Award: Ario Khoshbin for Revanesse
- The Innovation Award: Firmenich for Priceless
- The Inventor’s Award: Ben Barkworth for Fastfoils
- The Sleeping Beauty Award: Dr. Sibyl Swift, Ph.D for CBDMD The Zen Award: Calvin Johnson Jr. and Rob Sims for Primitiv Honoree Artwork Here.
The Daytime Beauty Awards benefits Helen Woodward Animal Center for their efforts 24/7, 365 days a year rescuing animals of all kinds from natural disasters, providing healthcare and forever homes.
Christopher Guy is the official designer of the HBA’s Holly statuette.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.