John Paul Mitchell Systems (JPMS) is painting the town this winter with five all-new red additions to its The Demi Collection. With red hair trending among celebrities and supermodels, and the popularity of realistic hair color filters influencing users to try red, the demi reds arrival makes coloring without permanent commitment even more achievable. The Demi shades enrich reds, spice up brunettes, and wow with copper as they bring warmth and vibrancy in four new tonal families.
The Demi Five New Shades
- 7NC/Natural Copper – refine blondes with this unique, balanced ginger tone.
- 6C/Copper – a pure copper tone for the ideal fiery tangerine, great for enhancing reds or as a color refreshment.
- 6RR/Red Red – create ruby red tones on brunettes and dark blondes.
- 6RB/Red Brown – formulated for natural or color-treated brunettes, this adds rich, red-brown mahogany tones.
- 4RB/Red Brown – formulated for dark-to-medium level brunettes, this adds warmth for chocolate cherry tones.
The new demi red shades can be used alone, or combined with other The Demi shades including a fiery ruby, spicy copper, cherry, and mocha brown. The demi-permanent hair color collection includes 50 standard shades, Flash Toners, Muted Metallics, and Clear for customization. Colorists can use the ammonia and MEA-free demi shades to tone, refine, and refresh hair color, and for blending away greys.
- Determine the natural or color-treated starting level, taking into consideration the target level, hair texture, condition, and percentage of grey.
- Refer to the Color Map to enhance, intensify or neutralize tones.
- Mix 1:1 with Paul Mitchell Processing Liquid (7 Volume / 2%).
- Process for 5-20 minutes, then rinse, shampoo, and condition with Paul Mitchell Color Protect Post Color shampoo and conditioner.
Paul Mitchell The Demi red shade expansion launches November 2022.
Learn more about the JPMS demi permanent color line.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.