The Texture Style Awards illuminated the Aveda Arts in Soho, NY, with a celebration of diversity, talent, and beauty. Founded by celebrity hair stylist and diversity advocate, Monaè Everett, the event brought together about 200 beauty professionals and media personalities for a night of accolades, inspiration, and unity.
“As the founder, I'm proud to say that the Texture Style Awards is a landmark event, honoring the diversity and ingenuity of hairstylists across the country. With over 200 attendees, it wasn't just a celebration of winners but a true reflection of our community's spirit and a visual representation of our industry's call for change.”
— Monaè Everett, Founder, The Texture Style Awards
- Vernon François: Celebrity Hairstylist, ULTA Beauty Pro Team Member
- Michelle O'Connor: ULTA Beauty Pro Team Member
- Greg Gilmore: Global Color Ambassador for MOROCCANOIL
- Sarah Potempa: Celebrity hairstylist and Beachwaver Founder
- Cynthia Alvarez: Celebrity Hairstylist
- Gina Bianca: Educator and Public Speaker
- Tatum Neill: Elevate Hair Founder and DJ
The evening’s honorees were celebrated for their significant contributions to the beauty industry:
- Educator of the Year: Greg Gilmore
- Beauty Editor of the Year: Jessica Cruel — Allure Magazine Editor and Chief
- Editorial Hairstylist of the Year: Jawara — Celebrity Hairstylist and I-D Magazine Beauty Editor
- Advocacy Artist of the Year: Cesar Deleon Ramirez — Celebrity Hairstylist and anti bullying advocate
Gold Crown sponsors such as Ouidad, Curls, Wet Brush, and Bio Ionic, along with Silver sponsor Myavanna and Bronze sponsors MOROCCANOIL and ULTA Beauty, led the oversized giftbag all attendees took home.
According to Everett, the celebration was a resounding call for embracing diversity in the beauty industry.
“I hope that my future children look back at this event and say, ‘Oh my God, Mom! You had to have an event about diversity?’ I hope it is a foreign thought to them. I want them to be shocked that in 2023 we live in a world where I had to convince people that diversity is important,” Everett added, reflecting on the profound impact of the evening.
Honorary sponsors included Social Art House, Wella Education, Biolage, The Monae Life Academy, Aveda Arts and Sciences, Beachwaver, Textel, and Flourish by Sage.
For more information about the Texture Style Awards, visit www.TextureStyleAwards.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.