Family-owned hair tool business, Andis Company, shares these expert tips on caring for your clippers, trimmers, and styling accessories.
Step 1: Clean
- Remove large hair fragments from the blade with the Andis Blade Brush.
Step 2: Disinfect with Cool Care and Blade Care Plus
- Use five-in-one Cool Care Plus on your blades after every use and during extended clipping to cool, disinfect, lubricate, clean, and prevent rust.
- How-to: Hold the clipper or trimmer with the blade facing toward the floor. Turn the tool on and spray the blade from 6” away with Cool Care Plus. Spray the front and back of the blade. Turn off the tool and wipe off the excess spray with a clean cloth.
- Use Blade Care Plus to wash away hair, buildup, and preservatives that accumulate on blades using this Vitamin E enriched formula. Works as a coolant, deodorizer, lubricant, cleaner, and rust preventative.
- How-to: Turn off the clipper or trimmer and pour approximately 1/8"–1/4" of Blade Care Plus into the lid or shallow pan. Dip the blade only into a solution for 10 seconds. Remove and wipe off excess with a clean cloth.
- Tip: Blades should be thoroughly disinfected at the end of every day.
Step 3: Oil
- Use Andis’ Clipper Oil to lubricate and clean blades. Blades should be oiled between every cut to maximize the performance of your tool.
- How-to: With the tool running, place three drops of oil across the teeth of the blade and one drop on each back rail. Turn off the clipper or trimmer and blot excess with a clean, dry cloth.
For more educational resources for barbers and at-home stylists, check out the Andis Education page.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Barbering Today