Josh Truax, Colorist at Salon Mario Russo in Boston, was inspired to create a rich red hue to contrast his model’s fair, porcelain skin. Here he offers the HOW TO and formula:
Formula A. Wella Color Touch 6/47 and 6/4 with 4.0% developer
Formula B. Wella Blondor with 1.9% developer
Gloss formula, Wella Relights /44 and /00 equal parts 4.0% developer.
1. Model’s hair was a light level 6. Apply formula A from roots to ends and process for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse.
2. Dry the hair and balayage with formula B.
3. Rinse once the desired level is reached.
4. Shampoo and follow with Wella Post Color Service for 5 minutes before rinsing.
5. Apply the gloss formula for 15 minutes and then rinse.
6. To finish, apply Wella Magma Sealer Treatment for 5 minutes.